Thursday 28 March 2013

7 Last Words

Yesterday (Wednesday of Holy Week) I visited the Church of Our Lady and St Bridgid in Northfield (Twitter - @OurLadyStBridgid) for an evening of reflection, meditation and music arranged by a group from the 2nd Friday movement. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

The evening was built around the seven last statements of Christ, each accompanied by a reflection and piece of music. Most of the music was new to me and a little more contemporary than my usual taste, but it worked well with the modern style of the reflections.

In the quiet, candle-lit atmosphere of a beautiful church there was a real opportunity to spend time contemplating the significance of those simple phrases. I will try to find time over the next couple of weeks to share my thoughts on at least some of the phrases in turn.

Best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment